Chicken Sweet Potato Rice Cakes Ingredients
We love these Chicken Sweet Potato Rice Cakes, and hope you do too. Let us know in the comments or on facebook if you make them!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and finely shredded
- 1 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 – 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
Start by heating 1 tbsp of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Mix together chicken, mashed sweet potatoes, rice, egg, cheese, rosemary, salt and pepper. Shape into 4 patties. Cook until golden brown on both sides and heated through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. (Optional) In the same skillet, heat remaining olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook until lightly browned. Add vinegar to skillet to coat mushrooms; cook 1 minute longer. Serve on top of your chicken rice cakes and enjoy 30g protein per cake.
Be sure to follow our facebook page for more recipes, motivation, trainer tips, and more!
If you need help with your eating habits, click below to book your free consultation with our experienced, educated staff.